6 Reasons to Boat In at The Wharf in Orange Beach, Alabama
If you're planning a vacation to the Alabama Gulf Coast, don't pass up the opportunity to boat in at The Wharf in Orange Beach. Located along the Intracoastal Waterway, this dining and entertainment complex offers something for everyone, both young and young-at-heart.
Sure, you could drive your car to The Wharf and park in one of two parking garages, but what fun is that? When you have boat, will travel, cruise in to The Wharf marina's Technomarine floating docks and use a transient slip for the day. You can also refuel your boat at the marina. Now, that you know where your Orange Beach marina is, we've got six reasons you should spend the day at The Wharf.
- Orange Beach boat-friendly restaurants. You won't leave hungry, and if you do, you're doing it wrong. Stop in at Ginny Lane Bar & Grill for marina views and one of the best lunch specials at The Wharf. For just $12, order up a heaping helping of Shrimp & Grits with a penny martini. Bayes Southern Bar & Grill also offers panoramic views of the marina and canal. The views go perfect with a side of Crawfish Beignets, too.
- SPECTRA light show. Stick around till dark and enjoy The Wharf's sound and light show. The choreographed light shows delivers a unique experience for your Orange Beach boating vacation. Main Street is flooded with light and becomes a musical stage where palm trees seem to dance to the music. Free shows take place every 30 minutes each night beginning at 8:30 p.m.
- Hummingbird Zipline. If an adrenaline rush is your thing, don't miss a trip on the Hummingbird Ziplines. Zip through six platforms with views of The Wharf marina, amphitheater, Intracoastal Waterway and more.
- Concerts at the coast. Plan your trip during one of the Orange Beach concerts at The Wharf's amphitheater. From Florida Georgia Line to Jimmy Buffett, the lineup of artists won't disappoint.
- Fishing tournaments. Even if you don't participate, fishing tournaments are an exciting time to be at The Wharf! Watch the scale's numbers go up to 900 or more pounds during tournaments like the Blue MarlinGrand Championship of the Gulf.
- Family events. No matter the season, there's always something to do at The Wharf. From nightly firework shows to music on Main Street, the Ferris wheel and even a miniature golf course, there's no shortage of fun.
Put the finishing touches on your vacation with an Orange Beach boat-friendly vacation rental. Browse our listings and then check out these boat-in restaurants on the Alabama Gulf Coast.